Check out our Whistleblower Learning Path, available through the Congressional Staff Academy, for our growing menu of training videos.
The Office's trainings are based on its comprehensive Manual: Best Practices for Working with Whistleblowers, which is available for download by House staff.
Our foundational training Best Practices for Working with Whistleblowers is a live, interactive webinar offered in both a general and a private format (More info here)
- 60-minute session on best practices offered regularly via the Staff Academy - open to all House
- 90-minute private session for your office or committee, scheduled at your convenience – allows informal Q&A, and tailored scenarios and legal overview
This training covers how to:
- Manage relationships with whistleblowers
- Establish an effective case management system
- Protect whistleblower information & confidentiality
- Get oriented to the legal landscape
At the beginning of the 117th Congress the House adopted rules
to protect whistleblowers. Rule XXIII, the Code of Official Conduct for the House, now prohibits the House from engaging in retaliation against individuals because of truthful disclosures made to certain congressional offices or to law enforcement. Further, it mandates the protection of whistleblower confidentiality. A deeper dive into these provisions is available here
. The Office is prepared to assist you with compliance with these new provisions on a case-by-case basis or as you refine/develop your case management procedures.